Facebook Ads have different characteristics from the search
ads. Comparing Facebook ads vs. Google ads, Facebook ads has
- More impressions
- Lower click-through
- Lower Average CPC
- Different conversion rates
You can take advantage of the low click-through rate by buying ads based on CPC. And because CPC is lower than that of Adwords, the cost per impression for Facebook is much lower than that of Adwords. For branding
purpose, Facebook ads are more cost effective and more effective as well. The reason is that on Facebook, people seeing the ad on their news feed page will spend more time on that page than people seeing an ad on a
search page. Therefore, from impression point of view, the ad impression of a Facebook ad has longer time exposure.
Social media exposure influences search. Consumers exposed to a brand's social media are 50% more
likely to click on paid search ads. There is interplay of consideration and consumption between social media and search.
Here are seven tips for Facebook ads that are presented by Matt Lawson of Marin Software.
1. Always start with friends. Facebook is about the circle of friends and influence. Starting with friends is like getting the first circle of influence.
2. Expand to fans of related
brands. Because Facebook enables you to target based on demographics and psychographics, you can target people with interest of related brands.
3. Use keyword stemming to find interests. Facebook is a
great way to do quick market research. You can enter keywords of certain interest and Facebook will give you an estimated reach of people.
4. Micro-segment your audience.
5. Test images
before copy: draw attention to ads with contrasting colors, link images to audience to increase relevance.
6. Keep ads fresh: Rotation ads every 2-3 days or as impression drop: maintain impression
volume, increase click-through rates, lower cost per like.
7. Maintain the Facebook experienc